Carts Placement Instructions
Carts should be placed for pickup day by 7:00 a.m.
- Your cart should be within 18 inches of the curb with the arrows on the lid pointing to the street/curb. Carts cannot be placed on the street. If there is snow, please clear an area in the terrace, or leave the carts at the end of your driveway.
- To avoid damage to property, place the cart at least three-feet away from mailboxes, lampposts and other fixed objects.
- Place your cart on as level a surface as possible, but away from low hanging tree branches.
- Place carts at least three feet away from each other.
- Close lids prior to pick-up. Lids should be closed on the carts for driver identification and in order to stop material from spilling or blowing away.
- Carts not properly placed will be tagged and not picked up.
- All recyclables should be placed in the cart with the blue cover. Items do not need to be separated. Recyclable items include: glass containers, aluminum cans and foil, tin and steel cans, plastics # 1-7, newspapers, junk mail, office paper, fiberboard (cereal and shoe boxes), magazines, phone books, books, paper, and cardboard.